Being gluten free and eating CLEAN does NOT mean you have to miss out on your favorites. And this includes banana bread!
My banana bread recipe has NO wheat or refined sugar, and is THE BEST. Just like the banana bread you would find in Starbucks, or the bakery: moist, tender, and full of that banana flavor! You are going to LOVE this one!
Banana Bread (No wheat or dairy)
For the banana bread
To combine ingredients for banana bread
- In a large bowl mash bananas with a fork.
- Add egg, milk, vanilla and liquid coconut cream. Stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and stir until combined.
Bake the bread
This banana bread is amazing on its own, but to add a little "something" try it drizzled with maple syrup!
- Lightly brush a loaf pan with coconut oil and pour in the banana bread batter.
- Spread it out so it is even in the pan.
- Chop walnuts and sprinkle on the top. Lightly press the walnuts down into the batter.
- Bake about 35 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let rest in pan for 5-10 minutes before running a knife around the edges of the bread to loosen and inverting onto a plate.
- Slice and enjoy!