Creamy Sausage & Rice Casserole
Perfect for a cold winter night, or anytime you want to feel comforted. This casserole combines sausage, rice, non dairy cream soup, and celery to make a wonderful combination. The celery gives this casserole a depth of taste that other creamy casseroles do not have! And it's dairy free!
For the Cream Soup (Makes one 10.5oz can of cream soup replacement)
For the Baked Rice
For the Cream Soup From Scratch
- Melt fat in pan.
- Sift flour into fat.
- Whisk flour and fat, cook until lightly browned.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil, stirring until smooth and thick.
- Add milk, reduce heat and stir until combined.
- Add the seasonings (last 5 ingredients)
For the Rice Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Brown the sausage, remove from pan and save drippings.
- Cook celery and onion in pan with sausage drippings until almost soft.
- In a greased 2 quart casserole dish, combine cream soup, 3/4 cup chicken broth, veggies, rice and sausage.
- Cover tightly with foil. Cook 1 hour.