Easy Pork Fried Rice
You are going to love how the flavors of my pork fried rice come together to make you feel just like you're having takeout. But you won't feel all puffy and swollen morning like fast food can make us feel! This isn't loaded with MSG and other inflammatory ingredients like take out is!
For the Pork
For the Stir Fry
For Stir Fry Sauce
Your family will be asking for take out at home over and over again!
- Combine the Chinese 5 spice powder, hoisin sauce, brown sugar, garlic and onion powder in a bowl. Add raw, chopped pork. Marinate the pork for 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Heat duck fat in heavy pan or cast iron skillet. Add onion, carrot, scallion and water chestnut. Cook until onion becomes soft.
- Move veggies to outer edges of pan and add pork, cook through.
- Mix ingredients for the stir fry sauce. Move veggies and pork to outer edges of pan. In center add stir fry sauce, let bubble for a few seconds. Watch it closely so it does not burn!
- Mix rice in with sauce & veggies.
- Move rice to edges of pan, and add eggs, scramble.
- Add kosher salt to taste.
This fried rice recipe is completely customizable. Try slices of flank steak and broccoli in place of the veggies and pork. Or go all veggie, try: bean sprouts, mushrooms, onion, carrot, water chestnut & peas!