Fast Egg Salad!
Sometimes simple is better. That is certainly the case with my classic egg salad recipe. Cool and creamy, piled high on top of a bed of lettuce and toasty bread!
For the Egg Salad
- I steam them in a steamer basket over 1 inch of water. Use eggs right from the refrigerator so they don’t over cook. Steam them covered, 13 minutes at a medium simmer.
- Run eggs under water. Let cool.
- Peel eggs and dice.
- Combine mayonnaise and mustard powder.
- Add celery and onion, mix.
- Add egg, mix.
- Serve via spoon to mouth, or on toasted bread lined with crunchy lettuce.
Feel free to experiment with different mix ins. Try: diced pickles, shredded carrot, diced cucumber.