Sautéed and cooked in a honey garlic sauce.
Notes about baby carrots:
Did you know that baby carrots are put through a chlorine wash prior to packing to help inhibit bacteria growth due to the way they are peeled and packed? Make note of this the next time you are in the store and opt for whole carrots with their peels on.
Notes about peeling carrots:
Did you know that root vegetables, carrots, turnips, potatoes, grow in soil that potentially contains arsenic? Arsenic is a naturally occurring metal. When these vegetables grow in soil laced with this metal it is absorbed into the vegetable. Most of the arsenic is found in the peels of these vegetables. To help reduce arsenic exposure (it’s also in rice!) peel your carrots!
Glazed Carrots with Honey & Thyme
- In a small saucepan heat oil until very hot and shimmering, but not smoking.
- Add sliced garlic.
- Stir frequently so it doesn't burn.
- Cook until crispy and light brown.
- Add sliced carrots, and cook, stirring frequently. 2 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Cover and simmer 3-5 minutes.
- Remove cover and simmer until liquid is reduced and thickened. About two minutes.