Jalapeno Cilantro Sauce
Roasted jalapeños, garlic, tomatillos and cilantro are blended with olive oil which results in a smooth creamy sauce! Perfect for topping tacos, drizzling on nachos, or even using on your western omelette!
For the tea
- Cut jalapeños in half. I removed the seeds and ribs from one jalapeño, this resulted in a mild to slightly medium heat taco sauce. If you want no spice, remove seeds and ribs (white part inside) from both peppers.
- Peel outer husk off of tomatillo, and cut into quarters.
- Smash garlic cloves and leave skins on. Leaving the skin on the garlic cloves will protect them from burning in the oven.
- Drizzle lightly with oil and sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Place on a metal baking sheet and bake in oven for about 25-35 minutes, until the vegetables have just begun to char, but are not burned.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 5-10 minutes before moving on to the next step.
Blend ingredients to make taco sauce
- In a blender, combine remaining ingredients and roasted jalapeños, garlic and tomatillo.
- Blend until completely combined, and velvety smooth!
- Store in an airtight glass container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks!