A light, and easy meal to make when you don’t feel like cooking!
This pasta dish comes together in a flash. Bacon is cooked and then the fat is used as the base of the sauce, luxuriously coating the pasta making this dish extra flavorful.
To avoid wheat flour and gluten, I use Jovial brand cassava pasta. Use whichever pasta you prefer.
In variations past, I have added cherry tomatoes that have been cut in half, this offers an additional bright sweet bite which goes quite well with the broccoli and lemon!
Lemony Pasta with Bacon & Broccoli
- In a skillet cook bacon until crisp. While bacon is cooking, see next step (cook pasta).
- Add garlic. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Cook the pasta using the cold water pasta method. In a large pot with a lid put pasta, and cover with water by 1-2 inches.
- Cover and bring to a boil. Remove cover, generously salt the water and let boil for amount of time listed on the box.
- 3 minutes before pasta is done cooking, put the broccoli in the pot with the pasta and water and cook.
- Drain pasta and broccoli.
- Add pasta and broccoli to skillet that bacon was cooked in and toss in the bacon fat.
- Mix in lemon juice and zest.
- Chop bacon and sprinkle into pasta.
- Drizzle with olive oil if desired, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Top with basil.