Finally, the perfect creamy seafood pasta without dairy!!
No Dairy Creamy Lobster Pasta
Cashew milk makes this sauce velvety and creamy! Sun-dried tomatoes and herbs give just the perfect amount of personality to make this dish a little punchy. The lobster is the perfect compliment to this rich sauce!
For the Lobster
For the Pasta
Cook the lobster
If you feel the lobster is under done, you can always cook the lobster meat more once added to the simmering pasta sauce!
- In a large pot with lid, put a steamer basket upside down. You could also make a snake of aluminum foil to put on the bottom of the pot. You want the lobster to sit up on this, not on the pot's bottom.
- Add about 2 inches of water, a sprinkle of salt, and the herb bunch. Cover and bring to a rapid boil.
- Once at a strong boil, add the lobster and immediately cover.
- Cook a 1 pound lobster for 10 minutes, a 3 pound lobster will take about 13 minutes. Overcooking lobster will make it very rubbery!
- Let lobster cool until you can crack the claws or tail and dice into large chunks.
- Save the shells for seafood stock!
Make pasta sauce
- Add avocado oil or other fat (duck fat would be lovely!) to a large skillet and cook garlic and shallot until just beginning to soften.
- Add tomato paste and stir.
- Add the herbs (smoked paprika through thyme). Cook 1 minute.
- Add the sliced sun-dried tomatoes along with the water you soaked them in. If you didn't soak the sundried tomatoes because they came packed in oil, add 1/4 cup of water to skillet.
- Add lemon juice.
- Add cashew milk, and simmer gently until reduced.
- Add pasta and remove from the heat.
- Add in lobster.
Cashew milk is wonderful in this recipe! I find that cashew milk is richer and thicker than almond milk and I like to use it in special sauces just like this one. In a pinch, any plant milk will do!