Pumpkin Cream Cheese (Dairy Free)
Cashews are soaked in water, and then blended with pumpkin and fall spices to result in a perfectly smooth and tasty pumpkin cream cheese.
To prepare the cashews
For the pumpkin cream cheese
The longer you let your cashews soak in the water, the less work your blender has to do to make the cashews nice and smooth for your cream cheese. If you have a really nice high powered blender, this step matters, but you can get away with a shorter soaking time (3 hours). If your blender isn't the best, I highly recommend soaking cashews overnight for the most creamy results when blending.
- In order for the cashews to behave as we want when blending, they have to be soaked for several hours to get nice and soft.
- Place a pot over high heat, add cashews, a dash of salt and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil, uncovered. Boil for 1 minute.
- Cover and remove from heat.
- Let sit in water, covered for at least 3 hours! The longer the better, if you have overnight, even better.
Blend everything together to make pumpkin cream cheese!
Add more liquid as needed in small amounts! Once you add too much and your cream cheese is too thin, you cannot go back!
- Drain cashews and add them to a blender along with all ingredients listed.
- Blend until smooth.
- Stop blender and scrape down sides as needed.
- You may need to add more liquid to get this to your desired consistency.
- Each time I make this recipe, the amount of liquid needed varies slightly.
- Store in an airtight container and use within 1 week!