No dairy, just roasted tomatoes, peppers, garlic, and cashews blended together to make a thick and velvety pasta sauce you will love!
Roasted Tomato & Bell Pepper Pasta Sauce
Make tomato red pepper sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut bell pepper into strips.
- Spread tomatoes and bell pepper pieces on baking sheet.
- Smash garlic cloves lightly, leaving them in their skins.
- Sprinkle with avocado oil and salt.
- Roast in the oven until soft and beginning to blister. You don't want them to burn. About 30-45 minutes.
- Put cashews in a pot and cover with water by 2 inches.
- Salt water with 1 teaspoon of sea salt.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and leave lid on. Let sit for a minimum of 1 hour. The longer the better. Ideally, 2 hours.
Prepare pork (optional)
- Heat avocado oil in a saute pan.
- Add pork, and break it up into bits as it cooks.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Set aside while you go to the next step.
This addition is optional, but I feel the sweet spicy pork pairs fantastically with this pasta!
Assemble the sauce
- In a high powered blender or food processor add the soaked cashes, and roasted vegetables.
- Blend slightly, and then stop to add the liquid.
- Begin with 1/2 cup of the chicken broth and blend. Work your way up adding more liquid to your liking.
- More liquid will result in a thinner sauce.
- Add the optional plant milk and blend to combine.
Plate the roasted red pepper tomato pasta
- Add pasta sauce to cooked pasta and fold to incorporate.
- Plate with the ground pork.
- Drizzle with honey.
- Garnish with basil.
tomato sauce, bell pepper, red bell pepper pasta sauce, tomato sauce, dairy free creamy pasta sauce, roasted garlic, cashew cream, cashew sauce