Turkey Stir Fry with Basil & Cranberries
Cook spaghetti squash
- Cut squash in half lengthwise.
- Drizzle it with oil, sprinkle it with salt and pepper.
- Cook squash cut side down on parchment lined pan at 375 degrees.
- Cook for 30 minutes, or until a knife pierces the squash with some resistance.
- Let squash cool for about 10 minutes.
- Using a fork, scrape the squash away from the hard outer shell into long strands.
Over cooking the spaghetti squash will result in a mushy texture. To more closely simulate wheat spaghetti, do not over cook.
Cook stir fry
- Put 1 teaspoon of oil in a saute pan and cook onion for 3 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add cranberries and cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Monitor heat so cranberries do not burn.
- Cranberries will pop and shrink as they cook.
- Add ground meat.
- Cook meat, breaking it up as it cooks. Sprinkle with spice powder.
- Drizzle with another 1 teaspoon of oil.
- Serve plated with spaghetti squash.
ground chicken, ground turkey, basil, cranberry, stir fry, ground beef, healthy dinner