A tart version of your classic stuffed dates wrapped in bacon. This recipe combines house made cranberry sauce with cream cheese. The result: a sweet and salty, tart delight!
Devils on Cranberry Horseback
Partially cook the bacon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook bacon in oven for 10 minutes, or until about 70% cooked.
- Partially cooking the bacon will ensure it is properly cooked when it is cooked wrapped around the dates in the next step.
Assemble the dates
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and set oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix cream cheese with cranberry sauce. I find a equal parts cranberry sauce to cream cheese is just perfect. Add more or less to your tart taste preference.
- Cut each date the long way from end to end.
- Put about 1 teaspoon of cream cheese mixture in each date, and fold closed.
- Wrap one slice around bacon. To avoid having to use toothpicks, place the end of the bacon on the sheet pan side.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until bacon is fully cooked, and crispy.
- Let sit for 2 minutes or so, the sugar in the dates will make them hot straight out of the oven!
Christmas, dates, stuffed dates, bacon, devils on horseback, cranberry cream cheese, dairy free appetizers, bacon wrapped dates, holiday appetizers, party food